Intelligent transport system is an intelligent system that uses innovative developments in the modeling of transport systems and regulation of traffic flows, providing end-consumers with greater information content and security, as well as increasing the level of interaction of traffic members compared to conventional transport systems.
Intelligent transport systems
1. A complex of innovative solutions in the field of analysis of the current situation, a short (up to 1 hour) and medium term (up to 1 week) forecast and routing on the basis of the modern traffic models (software solution PTV OPTIMA), which is the analytical core of intelligent transport systems and allows the integration of various data services, including:
- in input: information from detectors, data on speed of vehicles (FCD), repairs, accidents, etc.;
- in output: speed and driving time over a network for public and individual transport, data on routing for websites and mobile devices, data about the current status of traffic situation and the forecast data conversion for transmission to the navigation board, the alert system for drivers (variable message signs), etc.;
- PTV OPTIMA allows calculating scenarios and determining their KPI (Key Performance Indicators) to select the most optimal solution for the operational management of the transport situation (the situation center).
2. A specialized system for processing, storage and professional analysis of the historical traffic data arrays:
- import, processing and aggregation of data from different sources (detectors, FCD, manual measurements, etc.) and different types (speed, volume, employment, density, etc.);
- assessment (validation and data quality) and data analysis based on advanced mathematical principles and professional interfaces;
- the provision of data to other systems for processing traffic (e.g., ATCS).
3. Adaptive traffic control system:
- optimizing traffic by controlling the local traffic lights on the basis of network-wide and local parameters (travel time, number of stops, etc.).
- development of concepts for the development and implementation of solutions in the field of intelligent transport systems;
- integration with other systems, including with existing components of ITS system and development of unique solutions for each specific project based on Customer requirements.
The combined use of technologies for strategic traffic planning with ITS solutions will allow to use possibilities of existing transport infrastructure in the most efficient way and to choose the right direction of its development in the future.
Intelligent transport systems help in the following tasks:
- Optimize traffic distribution of the network in time and space.
- Increase the capacity of the existing traffic network.
- Provision of priorities for a certain type of transport.
- Management of transport in case of accidents, disasters or events that affect traffic.
- Improving safety on the roads, leading to increased capacity.
- Reduce the negative environmental impact of transport.
- Providing information on road conditions to all interested parties.
The main components and participants in the Intelligent transportation systems are:
- Transport infrastructure.
- Telematic equipment of transport infrastructure elements and vehicles.
- Intellectual information displays, traffic signs and traffic lights with possibility of remote management.
- Collection and processing of information.
- The centres of decision-making and traffic control.